• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Newbie-newb question-good story ('75 CB750)

bossboy302

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello. Just re-aquired a '75 CB in Planet Blue. I say re-aquired because it is the very same bike I bought new in Santa Clara, Ca in '75. Still looks good, about 95% original.
Am trying to replace throttle cables. Tight fit. Routing question: cables come down left or right side of frame. I've looked up so may photos and see it both ways-thanks.

As long as the cables don't bind, throttle moves freely and snaps back in place, you should've worry about it.

Thanks for the reply.
It is all fine until I reinstall the tank, then it binds up a bit. It is crowded under the tank, I think that the cables and maybe the wiring are not routed the way they should be.
I'm just trying to find what is the correct way so I can try that.

If it is fine until the tank is on, there aren't too many places the tank touches the cables (if any). Do some sleuthing, you'll find it.

Throttle cables on a K5 go left around the front of the neck of the frame (between the frame and the headlight), then past the ignition coils, through a triangle in the frame. I've picked 3 images from the Service Manual that show the cables, and drawn a red arrow pointing to the cable.

Cable pics (1).jpg

Back