New Member, New Kick Azz 750F SS

jacksondee

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Fellas

Been in love with the CB750 for a few years.. Decided 3 weeks ago to sign up for motorcycle class and then got my license 3 days later after passing everything. 2 days later found this beauty.. The Cafe Racer aesthetic works for me. Already had an issue with a bad charging system which is now resolved. Looking forward to hopefully painting the thing this winter, but until then, riding her hard to get my legs under me.. Gonna have oil change and new handle bar and new tire and etc., questions along the way. Looking forward to the new lifestyle of taking good care of this bike every day.

Hello from Chicago

JacksonDee

photo (47).jpg

What are you thinking for paint? I actually really like how it looks now. Welcome to the site!

What are you thinking for paint? I actually really like how it looks now. Welcome to the site!

Thanks for the response, The bike does look good from a distance. But look up close. She could be a lot prettier.. Notice the left side panel. Dude I bought it from bought it like that. I have been scouring eBay and have not found a silver side panel yet. The one on there is the isshy one that you have to screw in. I have found a few black ones and they go for $160 each. I am not opposed to paying that. I just want her to look right. Otherwise, notice the ding and rust where the bike must have been dropped in the right side of the tank. Notice the cracking and scratching everywhere. Notice the front fender all melted or whatever that is. I was thinking black powder coat would be freaking awesome.

The bike also has a Kerker 4 into 1 header on it. The baffle was out of it when I bought it. I live right in the city and figured I'd not piss my neighbors off too much so I put the baffle in. Anyways word on the street is you were a real bad azz if you had a Kerker back in the 80s. The kid I bought it from had painted the 4 into 1 pipes flat black... Pretty cool.

There is a real good body shop right across the street from my work. I was thinking in the winter I could ask them if they'd take everything and fill and sand and give it a sick coat of paint. I have not asked for a quote yet. I have seen the youtube videos of the guy using like airplane engine cleaner to strip paint from his bike and what not and that scares the crap out of me. In another life I painted commercially for a few years (houses, office buildings, inside/outside) so I am not scared of paint but don't know anything about wet sanding of fiberglass. An employee of mine has an airbrush hobby and he is super talented, though he's never painted a car or bike... Just thinking out loud here..

photo (48).jpgphoto (49).jpgphoto (52).jpgphoto (50).jpgphoto (51).jpg

Back