• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New Here with a '75 750 SuperSport

The_Paragon

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Last weekend a followed a lead on a 750 Supersport buried in the weeds near Hayward, WI. Needless to say I brought her home and its not in too bad of condition! It looks like a great candidate for a nice restoration. My intention was to make a cool Café.. but I like how this looks stock, so I'll probably keep it that way.

As it sits right now, I have no key. But ordered one that has matching #'s off of the ignition lock cylinder. Once that comes (and if it works) I can get down to cleaning the tank, carbs, checking out the engine and seeing if I can get this thing to breathe fire once again. It feels like it has fair compression though the kick starter, but i'll still check it and set the valve lash for good measure.

I have a slew of parts ordered for it, brake pads, piston seals, chain, air filter, spark plugs etc..

So questions for you 750 professionals:

Any special things to look out for on these SOHC 750 engines? Tips? Tricks? Things you would do to do 15,000mi engine?

What are my valve lash #'s (I searched on the forum but just couldn't find what I was looking for)
What are the stock spec's in the carbs (Mail jet #, pilot#, needle #, #turns out for the fuel screws)
Would you change these carb specs for stock airbox, stock header tubes, with a MAC (imitation) slip on pipe?

Lastly, I have some rusty spokes... any easy cures? without rebuilding the wheel with new spokes? (note, I can build a bicycle wheel, although not perfectly... never done a motorcycle wheel..

750SS.jpg

I strongly suggest getting a factory honda manual, all the specs are in there, you will need anyway for doing the work you have mentioned. You need to do a complete tuneup going through all the normal scheduled tune up items. Get factory honda manual only, not clymers or haynes they are junk.

Back