• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New coils - too loose?

loxley007

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve replaced my original coils as they were badly split. I’m having difficulty in tightening the new ones fully. Is this going to be an issue? Do I need to readjust the wiring to get it to seat fully? Picture below to show the gap.

Thanks in advance (my first build so a lot to learn).

Attachments

• IMG_7984.jpeg
    IMG_7984.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 19
Tightening the cables to the coil, you mean? You really need to make sure those are tightened all the way down. There is a rubber piece on the cable (supposed to be, anyway) that holds the cable tight against the coil body as you screw them down. But they can provide some resistance. Make sure that isn't cross threaded and keep going.

Tightening the cables to the coil, you mean? You really need to make sure those are tightened all the way down. There is a rubber piece on the cable (supposed to be, anyway) that holds the cable tight against the coil body as you screw them down. But they can provide some resistance. Make sure that isn't cross threaded and keep going.
Cheers, I will work on them again. I think maybe 1.30am on New Years Day was not the time to be working on my bike!!

Back