• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Need help converting solid casting wheels into spokes

jconda

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope you will be able to help me. I am the owner of 1995 Honda CB750 Seven Fifty and I would like to convert my solid casting wheels into spokes. The front wheel has dual brake discs and rear has one brake disc. The problem with my current wheels is that I can't remove my wheel hub from the rim in order to convert it to spoke wheels (using spoke rings as a conversion kit). Moreover, I can't find any spoke wheels for my bike. Maybe someone did similar conversion and can recommend something?

If there are no spoke wheels for my bike, then probably I will have to change my front fork (maybe even from another bike). If that is the case, then please let me know from which bike I can mount front fork on 1995 Honda CB750 Seven Fifty.

Looking forward to your recommendations.

Thanks,
Jaroslav

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately that solution wouldn't work for my bike, as I don't have comstar wheels (I have solid castings). Before posting on this forum, I contacted Jerry Swanson (who is the owner of MotoSync conversion kit) and he said that it won't suit by wheels. He recommended to ask you guys, maybe someone did similar conversion.

Attached are the pictures of my bike and my wheels.

Thanks,
Jaroslav
Rare.pngFront.pngCB750.jpg

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, I don't have any update. The season is very soon, so I decided to keep my initial wheels for now. Maybe next year I will build these spoke wheels if I find "how to". If you find anything relevant, please keep me updated. I will do like wise...

The problem are the hubs themselves. I couldn't find any hubs for my rare wheel and for my front wheel I don't think that hubs from CB750 1970-1975 will fit my bike.

Thanks,
Jaroslav

Hi Jaroslav,

Yeah, we keep to update and just find lots of combination like to use GSXR fork with wire wheels, but don't know why. For rear wheel, I still researching and no idea. Let u update later.

Cheers
Matt

If you want to do that with your current wheels, it can be done, but it will not be easy, and if you don't have a lathe, it will be quite expensive.
You will need to mount the spoke rings behind the brake discs, so the hub will need to be made smaller, and you will need to put spacers between the hub and the brake disc, to fit your brake calipers.

good luck,

Dirk

Back