• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

NEED A QUICK ANSWER!!! Oil type and capacity for an 81’ cb750 dohc custom?

breakbeatz69

Banned
Reaction score
So oils have changed A LOT over 40 years. Is 10w40 still the preferred or is 20w50 an acceptable option?? I ride in Wisconsin but really don’t ride when it’s cooler than 50 degrees outside and if it is 50 degrees out, I give my bike a little extra time to warm up. Need a quick answer…I’m at the store! Lol

I used to use Castrol GTX 10W40. With all of the synthetics I'm not really sure what to use now. I bought some conventional 10W40 at our farm store, Rural King, that's what I'll be using, good or bad, I don't know.

Yeah I’m just gonna stick with the 10w40 full syn for wet clutches like the manual says. Thanks for the fast reply! What’s capacity again? Like 4.7 quarts with a filter change?

Yeah I’m just gonna stick with the 10w40 full syn for wet clutches like the manual says. Thanks for the fast reply! What’s capacity again? Like 4.7 quarts with a filter change?
And I know it’s actually supposed to be conventional oil since we’re talking 40+ years ago. The 10w40 full synthetic motorcycle 4 stroke oil I bought was $14/fucking quart. Unreal what they want for motorcycle oils in general nowadays. 🤦‍♂️

Back