• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My New But Old CB750

mrdao

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm brand new to this forum and a CB750L but I recently got one for a steal and now we begin the CB750 Cafe Racer build.

So I have basically have no mechanical experience but what I lack in experience I make up for creativity and passion.

I'm deeply excited to have a project to call my own and an open mind to take it to distance. From step one! I want to share everything I'm doing, from start to finish. So welcome. I'm hoping for some insight, true artists like you all to help inspire and help me through the hard times.

Lay on McDuff......................#1, check engine for compression, waste of time building on a dead engine. OEM numbers of 170 psi, anything over 140 will run fine. Carbs off motor or throttles held wide open, all plugs out, hot battery so engine spins fast and then spin it until the needle quits rising and more than one time each cylinder, compression checks are often faulty, you need backups.

How's that for a never-ending run-on sentence?

Back