• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Leaking fuel from overflow line

mansito

CB750 Member
Reaction score
New to CBs and to the forum. As the title says, my 79 CB750K is leaking fuel from the overflow lines. I thoroughly cleaned the needles seats. I replaced the old floats and needles with 4 brand new floats and 4 new needles. The the carbs leak from the overflow lines. The bike runs and idles nicely. Any suggestions on what I should do next?.
Regards,
Guido in NJ

Last edited:
grepper said: "I'd say check the float height." How do you do that? bending the area where the float connects to the needle? I'll also check youtube.

I don't know the carbs on the 79, so I can't say for sure. I just know that if the floats are too high, gas will make it's way to the overflow. Look it up I guess

I'm not sure about the floats on the 750 either, but I think there might be 2 kinds. If they're plastic, I think they aren't adjustable... but since yours is a '79 you may have the adjustable type.

I'd consider re-cleaning the float needle seats. Put a Q-tip in your drill and let it clean inside the to the seat... you should see it shine in there if I recall correctly.

Have you seen this carb cleaning manual?... http://www.cb750c.com/publicdocs/SeanG/Honda_Carb_Manual_revG.pdf

Back