• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Kick Stand Safety Switch Replacement

webb99750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Had a slight "mishap" on my 1999 NH 750 which destroyed my kick stand safety switch. Being a cheap guy, I was able to find a good used replacement Honda safety switch via eBay for about $7 shipped. This safety switch came from a 1989-98 Honda PC 800 Pacific Coast MC. This switch/wiring was approx 3" longer than the stock NH750 switch BUT routes the same way, fits and works PERFECTLY in the 1991-2003 Nighthawk 750. No re-pining of the connecter was necessary, and it's a direct fit. There is a how-to YouTube video on the NH 750 safety switch replacement procedure. I went with the PC800 switch (cheap!) since I could not find at the time a replacement NH 750 one. BTW, if this ever happens again (and leaves me stranded!), I found another cheap ebay PC800 duplicate safety switch, which I now keep under my seat. Keep in mind that while riding, if yours were to fail or get damaged, you will need to be towed back home....no bueno! With carrying a spare, I now may possibly be able to do a side of the road repair. Hope this info helps.

Back