• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

idle ok, bog/surge accelerating

pwilkes3

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So I don't know where to really start on this. Got caught in heavy downpour, got home and couldn't cover because of hot pipes. Started the next day, idled fine, runs through revs smoothly. Driving is another story...lame acceleration, backfires, bog/surge constantly when throttling. Thought water, so I added some iso-heet, fresh gas, drained carb bowls twice. Stumped. Help! Lol

had this problem on my cbr1000f and my vf750sc spray all the ht leads, the coils, and the plug caps in wd40 should solve the problem. to prevent it in the future invest in either a canvas waterproof cover (as these don't melt) or a dust sheet on before the waterproof cover.

Headed to grab some WD, I'll let ya know if that helps. Hoping! Lol seems like if it isn't one thing it's another with this bike

No go on WD. Ran it down to the local bike guy, he seems to think it's air related and noticed condensation on #4 carb. I realize it's 90+ and humid, but that's a new one for me

Update: scooted the boot clamps back on carbs and tightened again, sealing a little better (they're hard as heck, need new or boil em). Didn't help, but less of a reaction with carb fluid sprayed around them (still some reaction). Getting frustrated

Back