• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

how long can i make my pipes????

Mcgyver

Mcgyver
Reaction score
hi guys I'm redoing my bobber and i have decided to go with 4 single pipes.I was wanting to get a bit radical and run them out past the rear tire.is this possible and what kind of problems am i going to encounter trying this?

That works but past a tuned length the engine likes you lose power and same with 4 staying separate. Just so one knows. It WILL run. Cars do it all day long but nowhere near as highly tuned as MC engines are.

That is true but the stock sohc motor does seem to like longer exhaust...maybe not past the rear wheel long, but stock length 4 into 4. Most aftermarket pipes of any configuration couldn't reach the same performance as the original hm300 exhaust, Honda had things figured out in the early years of the 750. Without turning this into an exhaust debate, beings it is a bobber...most of the time you are going after just looks and not all out performance. So Mcgyver go for it! Ken at Cycle x says they sound mean with extra long exhaust! Looks and sound...probably why they make so many different pipes for bobbers!

You can make them as long as you want...

Pipes.jpg

sounding and looking cool is great but i don't want to sacrifice performance if i can help it . just hoping there is a way to tune out the gremlins and still get some giddy up out of the ol girl lol

No great difference there once you pass the truly tuned length point. Go for it like said. Not talking that much power loss once you stay at 4 into 4 anyway. 4 into 1? Yeah, much bigger potential power loss amounts. Vacuum extraction is much less on separate pipes but crucial on headers.

Back