• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Has anyone used Keihlin CR29s on an otherwise stock CB750c - 1980?

shadowmoses42

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have a 100% stock 1980 CB750c that I've been working on and off for the past 6 months. The carburetors are seeming to be a lot of work for me and I think I'd rather buy the Keihlin CR29s and straight out replace them. I also like the fact that with these I could eliminate the air box and have pod filters.

I'm just curious if these are too powerful for a stock engine and stock exhaust (although I eventually want to replace the stock exhaust with a 4 into 2 system). I've heard mixed things. I will be riding this 100% on the street and probably using it more for everyday use and 50-100 miles cruising.

Does anyone have experience with these? I'm NOT looking to kill gas mileage completely or make this thing a speed machine...I just want it to run smoothly with some nice, new, worry-free carbs.

thanks!

They would work fine.If you are going to buy CR's I would suggest getting the fro Buzz at Dynoman. He will set them up and get the jetting close before he shipps them to you. He will ask you questions to determine the correct jetting...he may even suggest 31's instead of the 29 for the DOHC. Either way you will still have to play with the jetting to fine tune them once you get them but the CR's are so easy to do changes.

They would work fine.If you are going to buy CR's I would suggest getting the fro Buzz at Dynoman. He will set them up and get the jetting close before he shipps them to you. He will ask you questions to determine the correct jetting...he may even suggest 31's instead of the 29 for the DOHC. Either way you will still have to play with the jetting to fine tune them once you get them but the CR's are so easy to do changes.

I spoke to him briefly via email and I planned on using that site. How do the 31s differ from the 29s? Is it a difference of low-end VS high-end? He mentioned that my engine would run cooler and I'd have smoother throttle control, which is great, but do you think the gas mileage will change substantially or will that be heavily depending on me?

The 31 is a bigger carb. 29 would probably be fine if you are not looking for a lot of HP in the future, if it is just a street bike and pan on keeping it stock go with the 29 unless Buzz says otherwise. Use whatever Buzz recommends dont second guess it.

Back