Greetings from Land of Enchantment: New Mexico

kindofblue

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've registered here because I may have the opportunity to buy my best high school friend's dad's CB750 (~1969-70). His dad sold the CB750 to his cousin a number of years ago before he passed away. The cousin has had it gathering dust in his garage ever since. I just learned about it last week and have asked my friend to ask his cousin if he'd be willing to sell it. So we'll see. I'd be thrilled at the possibility of restoring this CB750. Dave's dad took meticulous care of his bikes so it was in excellent condition before it started gathering dust. I know it'll need a lot of work but if I can get it for a reasonable price, I'll get it and take it from there.

I'm reasonably skilled at bike maintenance having done routine maintenance on all my bikes since I resumed riding ~10 years ago after a long hiatus. I rode in high school and college but it'd been 30 years when I resumed riding 10 years ago. That said, I don't have technical skills for things like rebuilding carbs, etc. I do, however, have a friend in our local BMW club who's an excellent mechanic and retired math teacher. He is meticulous and has offered to help me if I can procure this CB750.

More anon...

Thanks. I don't, by nature, have an interest in restoring old bikes but this one is different. I have an emotional attachment to it. If it happens, great. If not, I won't be searching out another bike just to engage in a restoration project. The new (to the U.S.) Honda CB1100 is in the offing.

Those are the best kind to find. Something with a history and emotional attachment.

But those new CB1100 are definitely pretty sweet!

Back