Got another one

sidmabb

Wolfman
Reaction score
Went 57 years wanting but never owning a CB750 and now bought 2 in one week
The one with cobbled frame is a 1971 and the Super Sport is a late 1977. It has been sitting since 1981 and the master cylinders are both stuck.
Tank is clean inside. Sure wish I had the exhaust. Seller has most of the other missing parts and I will get them later.

Got my work cut out for me. I gave over twice as much for the cobbled one. Live-n-learn
001.jpg006.jpg007.jpg001.jpg

Welcome to CB750 insanity. Glad to see another Iowan joining up. Your '77 looks almost exactly like my '78. Actually looks pretty good considering how long it sat.

Attachments

• Nearly done.jpg
    Nearly done.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 111
Can't Find an affordable header But did find a new 4 into 2 aftermarket system that some one bought and sold their bike before using it.
I would think it will work.

Nice, these bikes can be hard to dial in once you mess with the exhaust and intake, re-jetting the carbs is usually needed to balance things out.
I notice your bike is missing the stock airbox too. I guess depending on your intentions for this bike you may want to decide what is more cost effective,
getting the bike back to stock, or getting aftermarket filters to go with the 4 into 2 and experimenting with jets. I have a 76 and the stock exhaust is a 4 into 1, I'm guessing it was the same for later years too. After sitting for so long the carbs will most likely need to be cleaned and rebuilt. How is the inside of the tank, by the way a very desirable tank when straight and clean.
That cobbled frame was fabricated in a very strange way to get a hardtail bobber out of it, and some important main rails have been removed above the engine, but the bike has some nice parts.
Good luck whatever you do.

Nice, these bikes can be hard to dial in once you mess with the exhaust and intake, re-jetting the carbs is usually needed to balance things out.
I notice your bike is missing the stock airbox too. I guess depending on your intentions for this bike you may want to decide what is more cost effective,
getting the bike back to stock, or getting aftermarket filters to go with the 4 into 2 and experimenting with jets. I have a 76 and the stock exhaust is a 4 into 1, I'm guessing it was the same for later years too. After sitting for so long the carbs will most likely need to be cleaned and rebuilt. How is the inside of the tank, by the way a very desirable tank when straight and clean.
That cobbled frame was fabricated in a very strange way to get a hardtail bobber out of it, and some important main rails have been removed above the engine, but the bike has some nice parts.
Good luck whatever you do.
Tuning it should be the least of my worries. I have a good friend who has 20 years as a mechanic at a Honda Dealer and another 10 before that at a Kawasaki/Yamaha/Suzuki dealer. Will probably slowly try to find stock parts but haven't heard it run yet. Previous owner says he has more parts but getting him to find them is proving difficult, funny how that works after they get your money. Tank looks surprisingly good.

I'm not sure what to do with the 71. I paid way to much for it and have a DOT appointment to try and get the title corrected. Some one mistakenly issued a title off the engine #. May end up being a waste of time if I toss the frame. I was hoping to build a bobber with a Girder front end.

I just acquired a Harley Sprint so the Honda's may go on back burner.

Back