• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Gas tank for my 79 CB750K

Bill182

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So on my way home from my 1600 mile journey to buy a modified CB750K, I hit some black ice, a couple ratchet straps failed, and the bike was ejected onto the road. šŸ˜­ So I'm looking for a replacement gas tank, among several other things. I was wondering which other years fit my 79. I'd post before and after pics but I'm still too upset.
Thanks

When you say a modified CB750K, what were the modifications? Is there a chance it doesn't have an original K fuel tank on it? Post a picture of the tank so we can confirm what tank it has. That seems like a a long way to travel to buy a bike.

When you say a modified CB750K, what were the modifications? Is there a chance it doesn't have an original K fuel tank on it? Post a picture of the tank so we can confirm what tank it has. That seems like a a long way to travel to buy a bike.
I don't know. I bought my bike from a shop in Albuquerque when I was in SoCal. Of course, I had planned on passing through Albuquerque on my way home to Arkansas, so the logistics worked out. I specifically wanted a '79 Anniversary Edition, and when I was looking this one was the best one available.

I'm new to the cafe racer scene, previously rode GSXRs years ago. I've looked online and it looks like the original, it's a 10th anniversary 750K. And yeah, waaaaaay too much red.
CB750 right side.jpg

It looks like finding a fuel tank is the least of your troubles. I'll bet you won't use cheap straps ever again.

It hurt me to read about that. That really sucks. I hope you find one soon. I find them on ebay abs Facebook marketplace sometimes.

It hurt me to read about that. That really sucks. I hope you find one soon. I find them on ebay abs Facebook marketplace sometimes.
Thanks. I'm still sick about the whole thing. I've seen some tanks on Ebay but want to make sure I get one that fits. Don't care if it's the same as I have as long as it fits.

So, good news for me. I've been in contact with the strap manufacturer and after some back and forth they agreed to pay me $4000 to repair my motorcycle. Hopefully I can get it repaired before riding season ends.

Back