• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Front end vibration - up/down

Reaction score
Hey y'all. I am a new owner of a '72. I am an Airhead guy, but love the era and had to have one. The front end has an up and down vibration. I already brought the wheel in and had it balanced. The owner did the job without any issue. That makes me feel as if the wheel bearings are fine as well. Where can that vertical movement come from at speed to give me that on road vibration? Any thoughts on this one.?? BTW, the new Delkevic 4 to 1 straight style is perfect for this bike in a community. I never even turned it on till I changed off the straight pipes it came with. I rode it for the second time yesterday and the vibration is now my concern..............
Thank you, CTC

How are your forks? Do they move? Correct amount of oil? Seals okay? You mentioned that you are a new owner of the bike. Have you checked your fork oil yourself? I wouldn't take the seller's word for it.

If you aren't sure about the seals, you could sit on the bike, set it upright (engine off) hold the hand brake, and give the handlebars a downward jolt into the front wheel. Do that a couple times. Does the front end feel excessively hard or soft? When you push on it like that, do you see any oil on your forks?

For sure I would get on that fork oil jazz. Even if there's oil in there, you won't know how good or bad it is till you look. When I got my bike, the forks were full of gray muck and water.

Aside from tires, wheels, and forks ... are your triple clamp bolts properly tight? (As in, nothing's loose)

Last edited:
Back