• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Frame Cutting Help

Azdevil09

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

Working on installing hoop on my ‘81 750K. As I am a bit down the path I have two questions.

1) any recommendations n how to get the bottom half of the frame pipe out of the support without cutting the support gusset? (Pic 1)

2) currently deciding between two methods in the hoop. One is just weld the hoop in as pictured (second pic) and I would slightly raise the top bar where the tank sits. OR weld in a completely new 1” round bar from Shock mount to front frame. Wanted to know how others have done it on this model as most videos I have seen do not have this frame Config.

Thanks!
IMG_3191.jpeg
IMG_3192.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi, to get the inner support out I just used a screwdriver to wedge in between then held in with a pair of pliers and twisted/moved it u till it broke off. Works fairly well. For The Bold industries has a good YouTube on doing this on his cb750.

Hi, to get the inner support out I just used a screwdriver to wedge in between then held in with a pair of pliers and twisted/moved it u till it broke off. Works fairly well. For The Bold industries has a good YouTube on doing this on his cb750.

Attachments

• IMG_3024.jpeg
    IMG_3024.jpeg
    404.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3010.jpeg
    IMG_3010.jpeg
    314.1 KB · Views: 27
Back