FNG!

DannyBastard

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm Danny, I live in Austin, and I have a 78 cb750k. Bought it dirt cheap and am in the process of getting it back on the road for the first time in 10 years. I don't know anything about working on bikes, though, so I'll probably be annoying you all on a regular basis. Thanks!

To be the owner of happiness riding a old school is also the the interests of learning how to fix them. I believe people lost interest in them and time has found a new friend for these old power plants. Welcome Danny

I couldn't agree more. You're never going to enjoy owning an older bike unless you are willing to learn to understand and fix its systems... But I think most people that buy a non-running bike already know that.

What I DIDN'T get to type there was that they are pretty awesome bikes and it still shocks some folks to know that there are engines other than v-twins out there! The smaller cb's are pretty popular with the hipster crowd here, but ya don't see too many 750s.

You mean there are other bikes out there besides the 750???:laugh: The 500 motor is a nice little running motor, fairly smooth but lacks some torque and really needs some porting to wake it up. You are lucky living in Austin...Dynoman Performance is also in Austin...very good 750 parts and Buzz is a great guy to get along with. So close to sooo many performance parts:thumbsup:

Thanks! I'm gonna have to look that place up for sure! I'm hoping to work on it a lot this winter and have it ready for the spring. In the meantime, I bought a smaller bike really cheap and have been riding as much as possible to get the cobwebs out. I'm ready for the big bastard.

Back