Differences between CB750 and CB900 (and maybe 1100)

Field

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a guy who swear his CB900 is a way bigger bike than the CB750. Every piece of information I've read on the internet doesn't claim its longer or taller at all. It appears to me all the DOHC bikes share basically everything. The key differences I could find is the cylinder size, or deck height, for the CB900 were larger, and the 1100 takes girthier ones to fit the pistons or uses sleeves? I'm not sure. The piston pin size increases by 1mm from 750 to 900 and 900 to 1100. The rods are longer in the 900, but unclear on length of 1100. The however all bolt onto the same crankshaft size.

Every tank, mount, frame piece, etc, I've found is the same. I can't image needing to beef up the 750 frame for a 900 engine... It doesn't lay down THAT much power, and also given that the frames are heavy and steel I doubt they couldn't take substancially more than any CB motor can put out...

Plus this, the differences appear less than an inch, and primarily from what I've read are due to upgraded suspencion on the 900 (in 82?).

http://www.deuceswilddohc.com/tech/specs/general_specs.html

But you know, benefit of the doubt, I'm here to ask.

Back