• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Cycle X fork tube springs

jasonscb750build

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have clear instructions on how to install the shorter progressive fork springs from cycle x? I've watched a ton of videos and I'm very confused as to what order things go in. Spacer first? Then washer? Then spring? Or spring first, washer, and then spacer?

Every spring change that I've done had the spacer on top. Some spring manufacturers recommend that you cut your own spacers from PVC pipe. I cut the spacers long enough to be able to barely push the cap down and thread it with the bike on center stand and front propped up, or fork legs off the bike.

So, If I remember right, spring then washer then spacer.
Dude, you're the man. Thank you for answering my question. My heads been spinning over this damn spring swap for a few days.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I should be able to just center stand the bike, prop up the front for full fork extension and a little more off the ground, unscrew the fork cap, and pull the spring out? I'm not looking to replace the seals or anything, the last owner just changed them so, I'm hoping I can just pull the old spring out from the top and slide the new spring in, washer, then spacer and then recap it.

Dude, you're the man. Thank you for answering my question. My heads been spinning over this damn spring swap for a few days.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I should be able to just center stand the bike, prop up the front for full fork extension and a little more off the ground, unscrew the fork cap, and pull the spring out? I'm not looking to replace the seals or anything, the last owner just changed them so, I'm hoping I can just pull the old spring out from the top and slide the new spring in, washer, then spacer and then recap it.
Yeah, drain the oil before taking the caps off, push the bike down hard a few times, put the drain bolts back in. Prop the bike up. Unhook the air assist if you have it then take the caps off, they are under spring pressure. replace the oil after dropping the springs in. How much oil? See a manual. What kind of oil? Honda says ATF. If you use 10W or 20W it should be non-detergent so it doesn't foam. Think air compressor oil.

Back