• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Correct marker to line up timing

Mac3687

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I promise I've searched for this, but have hit a rut...I'm trying to adjust my valves, but not sure which which marks need to be lining up. For some reason I thought I needed to get the stationary notch between the two lines I marked in red, but when I started the engine, it didn't sound right. Now I feel like it should have been the one line in green instead. I know I can take it to a shop to have this done, but would rather learn how to do the majority of this stuff myself. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Mike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 106
The single mark next to the T is for top dead center. The single mark next to the F is for ignition timing at idle. The two marks you have in red are what timing is supposed to be at when engine RPM is 2500 or higher. The F mark and the two marks are only about 25 degrees apart, which is only 12 or so camshaft degrees, but you should check and adjust valves on the T mark.

Back