• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Choke flaps Sticking

Schooney

CB750 Member
Reaction score
VB 42 .. Make sure the carbs are perfectly aligned when tightening the rails.
Make sure that darn spring is properly connected that pulls the flaps open and shut.

I just refurbed three banks of carbs. One bank was misaligned and had sticky choke before I disassembled it, one pilot screw tip was broken and stuck in the carb body on the same set of carbs, definitely the reasons this bike was parked years ago. I found out that there was a slight change in the castings and all choke plates were not quite the same shape, this caused binding if swapped to the wrong carb. Those choke plates could be reshaped if necessary, just a bit different.

I just refurbed three banks of carbs. One bank was misaligned and had sticky choke before I disassembled it, one pilot screw tip was broken and stuck in the carb body on the same set of carbs, definitely the reasons this bike was parked years ago. I found out that there was a slight change in the castings and all choke plates were not quite the same shape, this caused binding if swapped to the wrong carb. Those choke plates could be reshaped if necessary, just a bit different.
Thanks for the info.

Back