• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carbs Stuck, advice needed

AlwaysAdar

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Had a little bit of time to work on the 92 CB750. Loosened up the airbox. The carbs will wiggle down but go back into position when I pull them up. I tried using a small piece of food as a pry/leverage and no good. Just goes down (with no additional room) or back into position.

Watched some Simon Austin, Doc Jones Garage, Jon's Motorcycle Rescue and Review, Marks Misfit World, and TheMotorcycleMD videos.
I figure they're underselling how much of a PITA it can be to remove them.

I plan on trying more tomorrow after work when I have some daylight and more patience.
Maybe loosen the rear fender for a little more room.
Also, I definitely don't have a battery bracket. I think I might need that.

I remember it being a tight squeeze, I removed all things securing the airbox and the battery tray, just so the airbox could go backwards as far as possible. On all occasions I have pulled the carbs out on the right hand side, so the clutch cable was disconnected and out of the way. There is just a fraction of a fraction of an inch in it, so maybe a warm workshop would help too, making all the plastic and rubber a bit more flexible.

I remember it being a tight squeeze, I removed all things securing the airbox and the battery tray, just so the airbox could go backwards as far as possible. On all occasions I have pulled the carbs out on the right hand side, so the clutch cable was disconnected and out of the way. There is just a fraction of a fraction of an inch in it, so maybe a warm workshop would help too, making all the plastic and rubber a bit more flexible.
I’m in Florida, it’s warm here. Had considered using a hair dryer. Wasn’t sure if there was a safe lube I could use.

Back