• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Brakes and models

Beasty

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Well, if you read my intro thread, you know I bought a basket case for a hobby rebuild. The frame is a chopped up '77 750F, the front end I am unsure of, and the motor is a '76 750K.

The front end was extended by the first person who tried to modify it into a chopper (it has about 4" extd tubes, not sure of the neck geometry was changed), waiting to re-attach the trees to see, once I get the triple tree brackets back from powder coating.

My first question, of which I am sure there will be many, is what models had dual front calipers? The front end is apart only so far as brake hoses go, and the triple tree brackets. I polished up the tubes (they had surface rust, but are now smooth although stained), and seem to have good dampening). The calipers are on the forks, and oil is in the forks, and no leaks are apparent. I will be getting the trees back this week, and beginning front end assembly. I want to rebuild the calipers myself, and need to know what seals to buy for them. Also need pads...and need to know which to buy.

Back