• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Any one know what this is?

Azdevil09

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rebuilding my first engine. 81 cb750k. during the disassembly this little guy "fell" out when I had the oil pan off and was disassembling the lwr case. Not sure what it is nor where it came from.
1.jpg
:rolleyes:
2.jpg

Primary Gear Collar, part number 23105-425-003, item number 5 on the CMSNL page link.
https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb750f-1981-b-european-direct-sales_model14867/partslist/E15.html
Only way it can "fall out" is if it slipped out when someone was inserting the Primary Shaft, or if you removed the shaft first and didn't catch it maybe?
Sorry for the LONG delay. New job and it’s been a grind.

Thank you very much. You are spot on. I believe I removed the lrg primary gear when tearing down and must not have seen that collar on there when I did. (First tear down). Nonetheless, thank you VERY much for calling that out. Life saver!

Attachments

• IMG_3407.jpeg
    IMG_3407.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3406.jpeg
    IMG_3406.jpeg
    440.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3405.jpeg
    IMG_3405.jpeg
    436.6 KB · Views: 30
I
Same page, item 26, thrust washer?
i don’t think that’s it.
1) I can’t get the bearing off to access (haven’t tried that hard but I would have remembered removing).
2) I believe I see it in the below pic.

Attachments

• IMG_3408.jpeg
    IMG_3408.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 23
I

i don’t think that’s it.
1) I can’t get the bearing off to access (haven’t tried that hard but I would have remembered removing).
2) I believe I see it in the below pic.
Confirmed. Although they are identical!! Right is from primary shaft. Left is mystery part in question.

Attachments

• IMG_3409.jpeg
    IMG_3409.jpeg
    458.2 KB · Views: 29
Whelp. I was operating under the assumption is was the washer behind the clutch housing as others had mentioned on another forum. Ended up putting the the motor back together only to find out it was not the correct diameter. So got the motor fully assembled and left with that “thrust washer”………… I’m sure it will all be fine….. :mad::D

Back