• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Airbox setup

SeattleRod

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So, I'm in the middle of cleaning and rebuilding the carbs after finishing a complete valve job.
When I bought the bike, it had pods but the PO had the airbox. I'm planning on using the airbox when I install the carbs. I've been gathering all the part necessary to make it work, but I can't figure out how the breather hoses go on the box.
I have the crank case breather hose and just a filter sitting on the gear case breather port.
I've looked at the FSM, Clymer manual and hondapartshouse website, but none seem to show what's connected where.

Does anyone have pictures of your airbox setup that you can share? Any help is much appreciated, thanks.
This is what I have:
2008215010ec1c0888e1a46056dc4264.jpg

d154a99332271ff42dba9a123393fe3e.jpg

4ebe34b63a2a9b801ad72db5a178d333.jpg

Look closer, FSM general information and page 1-10.

The two hoses both run in between the pairs of carbs, one goes between 1 & 2 and other between 3 & 4, they go up to a tee (fuel system page 4-3, you can barely see it) and the third middle hose off tee goes to airbox top, the back airbox fitting hose runs to a plastic storage tank under battery. There may or may not be a water drain hose on the bottom of airbox.

Look closer, FSM general information and page 1-10.

The two hoses both run in between the pairs of carbs, one goes between 1 & 2 and other between 3 & 4, they go up to a tee (fuel system page 4-3, you can barely see it) and the third middle hose off tee goes to airbox top, the back airbox fitting hose runs to a plastic storage tank under battery. There may or may not be a water drain hose on the bottom of airbox.

amc49, thank you so much. Since I didn't know what it looked like, I didn't really see it on 4-3 and thank you for the explanation of 1-10.
The oil pump parts picture depicts both hoses and the T-fitting.
Thanks again, now I have a clear picture of how things look like around the airbox.

The two lines vent upward and high to recover as much oil by dripback as possible then gases enter top of airbox to distribute inside top (plastic vapor draw-off nozzles inside), any solid matter flows downwards to the back of box and into storage container to drain off glop later.

Cheap man's PCV without the PCV valve.

You are correct, I had forgotten about the oil pump section pics.

Thanks. I was planning on going to homedepot for some PVC fittings but I lucked out on eBay, I found a whole breather set (hoses, fittings, T and clamps) for $20! Hopefully the hoses are in good shape.

amc49, thanks for your help. The bike is purring again, although I have an occasional popping from cil#1. When I changed both bent exhaust valves from cil#1, I forgot to recheck the shims (I had done it before discovering the bent valves, and all were set to
.13mm)
I opened it yesterday and I measured the gap to .03mm!!!! I hope I didn't burn/bend these ones now. I'll get new shims next week.
Either way, thanks for the help and I'm sure I won't be last time I will be asking for guidance.

5f4dd9e92b50361bdd5e9debc79abcf0.jpg

Back