• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Aftermarket speedometer recommendations

brettp

CB750 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Good evening, all.
Looking for recommendations on speedometers that are 2240:60 and not pure garbage. There are tons out there, a lot of copies of others, but nothing that stands out as quality.

My experience with a mechanical replacement speedo was exactly what you'd expect. Got it from 4into1 I think and it was Chinesium garbage. Odometer broke after only 1.5 miles of use.

All the quality aftermarket stuff is electronic from what I found. I went with a Koso and it was not that bad of an install -- I chose to make it harder on myself by custom-machining a spacer to replace the speedo drive gear and machining recesses into a set of stainless bolts so the magnets would fit inside their heads and be very low-profile.

You said what I've been seeing. I didn't want to go electronic because I want to preserve the style and look of the mechanical gauge. Because this is purely cosmetic, I will look into making a bracket for the existing gauges minus the odo and indicator lights. I'll put LEDs in the bracket and that should keep the look while making everything less bulky at the tree. The placement of the fuse box is the final question.
Thanks, Sense.

My issue with the aftermarket gauges..............when I think I have found a possible gauge it is always KPH instead of MPH. When I find a possible MPH gauge it is always twice the cost of a similar or same KPH unit. WHY can't they make the faceplates MPH and KPH like they do in cars?

That is why I'm going to try using the stock gauges. And some of them are 2:1, but 2240:60.

Back