• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

76 SOHC motor into 80 frame??

750chop

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey guys my first thread. Anyhow my 1980 750k hardtail chop decided to seize up. When i first got it the oil was full of metal and i knew it wouldnt last long (about 5 miles then seized). I have tried to find a dohc motor thats in good shape but have not been able to for my price range or it has 300 dollars shipping attached. I have a lead on a 1976 SOHC fully wired motor with good compression that came off a running bike fairly cheap locally. Now my big question is do they bolt up the same and will it fit? I woudnt be able to get any big fabricating done to make it fit. Most I could do is to get some adapters to fit the newer engine mounts (if thats possible). Please help on this guys as the motor wont be forsale long. Thanks:D

Not a 100% bolt in. you would also have to mount up the oil tank and then make lines to fit. Far easier just to find a dohc motor or rebuild the one you have.

DD I think my motor is to far gone and I couldn't source one locally. I searched high and low. The motor I found is 400 dollars while I couldn't find any decent dohc for less than 6 to 800. My mechanic has had it for over a month and has given up on trying to one.

Back