• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

75 cb750f

bigcity81

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone was curious if anyone else have done a rear end swap on a 750f to go from factory disk brake to a drum ?? My bike was a K setup in the rear from what I was told by the previous owner my problem is the brake doesn't work all that great at all I'm not sure if it's a direct swap with no fab work. If anyone has done this could you please post a picture of the setup up close so I can try and figure this thing out other wise I'm going to try and track all the parts down to swap it back to a disk

F1 rear brakes are a PITA, unless they work.

Hey everyone was curious if anyone else have done a rear end swap on a 750f to go from factory disk brake to a drum ?? My bike was a K setup in the rear from what I was told by the previous owner my problem is the brake doesn't work all that great at all I'm not sure if it's a direct swap with no fab work. If anyone has done this could you please post a picture of the setup up close so I can try and figure this thing out other wise I'm going to try and track all the parts down to swap it back to a disk

Tracking down parts for the 75/76 F series is going to be very expensive brake wise. I have an F1 which is has a small seepage in the master cylinder and I am having issues finding replacement parts. I don't know what your budget is but good working calipers and master cylinders are almost impossible to get without deep pockets. Swing arms and wheels not too hard to get. An option for the master cylinder is to buy a generic one and make a mounting plate, that way you can always get rebuild kits and will be initially cheaper. I would look at having a drum brake on the rear as a good thing and work on making it the best it can be. Have you torn your drum apart to check if everything is as should be? An option is to get a twin rotor setup for the front, might be easier. I know disc brakes work so much better when they work, but I hate brake fluid and messing with hydraulics when they don't work. Brake fluid is TOXIC.

I'll post a picture of the setup later when I get home. My budget depends on how much I sell my other motorcycle for I haven't taken the drum apart yet still haven't gotten the bike running yet so this all is for future thought I'd rather be sure it's running well and reliabily before this other stuff ya know

Back