Tachmeter cable retention bolt

amaskedman

CB750 Member
Reaction score
The bolt is lose, its either broken off in there, or something. I cant find it on any parts diagrams. Can anyone help? I don't know what to call it. I need its dimensions so I can see whats going on.

Thanks. It goes in the cover and keeps the tach end from coming out. I guess that's right but I didnt expect to find it there. I have to check valve clearance and I guess I will get a letter look then.

Thanks. It goes in the cover and keeps the tach end from coming out. I guess that's right but I didnt expect to find it there. I have to check valve clearance and I guess I will get a letter look then.

It actually screws into one of the cam journal caps, #3 in that schematic. That one cap sticks through a hole in the valve cover with a seal where it does. That's why you find it in the "Cylinder Head" section.

Capture.JPG

I cant tell whats going, doesn't look like the right bolt though. Do you know what size it is? I may just go to the HW store and pick up a few and see what works best. It basically keep the tach cable from backing out.

Back