• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB750k head rebuild need help

jaggs1278

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All I am jaggu from India.

I have a cb750k and i am looking at buying parts for head rebuild and ordering from parts N more.

Here is the list i think i would need to rebuild my head

1. Valve stem seals - 08
2. Cylinder head mounting rubbers - How many of these do we need?
3. Cam cover mount? They are out of stock but where does this go?
4. Valve springs and guides need to be changed?

This is my first CB so please excuse my ignorance. As i am in india i have to import parts from USA or UK so i would like to get everything in a bunch so that i can save on shipping.

Do you have access to a machine shop? If you replace guides you have to do a valve job, the valve wont be concentric with the seat after you replace them. How are the valves? Most of the time they need replaced. Not sure what #2 and #3 are on your list you would have to list a part number or show a picture of the parts you are talking about. I would look more at APE, Cycle X or Dynoman for parts instead of parts n more.

I have access to the machine shop. They said I will need valve stem seals for sure and they will lap the valves. They also said there is no need to change springs. I will try cyclex i already bought cam chain roller and cam chain from them and am happy with the quality.
Anything else apart from Valves / Valve seals that i need to look at?

I have attached the pics of the parts 2 and 3. Cam cover mount.jpghead mounting rubber.jpg

Those are the same part and they fit the later DOHC, look at the year model there. You keep doing this. You have a SOHC if it's '78 model, the DOHC is anything '79 and later.

May be doing the same with the valve seals too,, you better check that, and if so the wrong parts too.

Probably. Depends on the quality of the person doing the work.

Dirtdigger here would likely know.......................

I hope your going to pull the oil pan too, there is a lot of aluminum floating around in that engine. Looks like you have some worn out timing chain tensioner wheels. Chain is probably shot too. If you had someone good at welding aluminum it could be fixed but used ones can be had for $10 on ebay if you watch, not sure if that is an option for you though but wouldnt hurt to check.

More than one bushing there, you have to be more detailed than that. Swing arm? Valve guide?

He for sure is right about pulling the pan, you got aluminum dust in the motor and steel too from the flapping loose chain.

Back