33mm RC & 31 FCR/ for street what's better

Just curious if I get elbows made can I set the angle for the draft and float. Like this ducati

Wouldn't let me post the ducati pic. But when I look at most fcr carbs on bike's the manifold elbow 's angled up. Putting the stack or pods at a diagonal angle. And I assume keeping the floats working properly. In theory if tuned proprely and angle set shouldn't a 31 mm fcr ride great. A lot of people I read like fcr carbs I just here people say there to expensive for most builds.

The manifolds aim up because the ports aim up, they are straight, NOT angled. The head you are using is straight ported as well, they just run sideways. Any correction you do there by angling something will kill any extra power the carbs make, you may as well use the dead stock ones and less trouble.

Any added angle in intake ports is death as far as headflow and power goes. Why now the ports on modern engines run closer to straight up.

You need the correct carb type, re-angling is a waste of time there. Pretty sure you'd be cutting frame rails to do it there too.

Probably bet off throwing them on ebay and get a good payment toward some new carbs. Or just use the correct style cr carbs you have.

Should be able to get $400 or so for the cr carbs. Sell both sets and get the correct size and style for what you need so you dont need to jerry rig the carbs.

Back