• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1996 cb750 carb vacuum

Yeah tht sounds confusing may bad. OK I'm not very good at explaining things. I've got a 96 cb750 I just rebuilt the carbs put them back on the bike and I'm still not getting fuel to the Cylinders I can spray starter Fluid and it will try to start. I asking does the carbs have vacuums if so where do I run the hoses to. When I got the bike it was taken apart and missing all kinds of things I'm piecing it back together.

First things first: does every bowl fill with fuel? Second, are the floats adjustable and did you adjust them within spec? Provided the pilot jets are clear, that should be it. If the carbs have vacuum on them, it is usually only to activate fuel flow from the petcock.

First things first: does every bowl fill with fuel? Second, are the floats adjustable and did you adjust them within spec? Provided the pilot jets are clear, that should be it. If the carbs have vacuum on them, it is usually only to activate fuel flow from the petcock.
Yes the bowls are filled, non adjustable floats. The pilots jets are clear. I'll post a picture of what I think is a vacuums there's another one connecting the other 2 carbs

Attachments

• 20230825_173622.jpg
    20230825_173622.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 40
I have one similar on my 1981 750. As you turn the bike over via the starter, does it want to pull air in?

I don't have the original gas tank or peacock I'm using a gas tank off of something else that's Gravity Fed. Also I don't have the air box connected.

If it is supposed to be a vacuum, yes. Perhaps it is not a vacuum tube after all.

After looking up the parts diagram for your bike, those might be fuel inlets for the carbs. If I'm wrong, can you see any other tubes that might be the inlets?

After looking up the parts diagram for your bike, those might be fuel inlets for the carbs. If I'm wrong, can you see any other tubes that might be the inlets?
Yes the inlet is on the back side.

Attachments

• 20230825_184807.jpg
    20230825_184807.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 34
Yeah, you're right. Those are the inlets. I have the same looking black nub thing on my bike (I just looked) but only one of them. I think it used to go to the airbox but I don't have it hooked up to anything right now

Back