• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1992 vacuum fuel petcock - What is an old school bolt on with no vacuum assist??

Biebs

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
What is an old school bolt on with no vacuum assist?? What size is the thread on the tank pitch / diameter??

I am old school (and old). always turn off the gas when parking motorcycle. Habit.

I have pulled the current unit apart 2 times have the rebuild kit. See units on eBay for approx $30 but hear they leak.

Now when on reserve fuel leaks from the breather port on the vacuum area - does not leak when in the "ON" position.

So I am looking for the direct fit simple ON/OFF /Reserve petcock - no vacuum assist.

Before I dive deep I'm asking if anyone knows the direct replacement part or other options

Thanks

Try partzilla, dimecitycycles, 4into1. One of those should have something as a direct fit or exact match that isn't vacuum operated

Update:
The older 1981 CB750 part is not the correct size and will not fit.

Bought the replacement vacuum petcock for 1991- 2003 CB750 on eBay - installed and works!!!
only $25 cheaper then a rebuild kit.

Bad info: found it is a 24mm nut and an 18 x1 thread pitch. Looking at 1981 CB750 custom as a direct fit replacement.

Thanks

Last edited:
The same day I bought my cb750, I started to break it down to get to the carbs because I knew they needed a cleaning. As soon as I saw that thing it came off and went into a box. It hasn't seen the light of day since. I used the fuel line coming off the petcock and put it straight on the carb fuel inlet. Then I put an inline filter between them. Been happy every since.

Did anyone find one that will bolt on from a different model thats not vacuum? I would like to change mine when I do the carbs this winter. I had a Suzuki Drz 400sm it had a vacuum petcock a non vacuum petcock from a raptor was a direct bolt on. Seems like there should be one to bolt on the Nighthawk 750s

bought vacuum petcock on eBay for my application - looks like a good part hope it does not leak.

The older 1981 CB750 part is not the correct size and will not fit.

Back