• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1979 CB750K Engine rebuild

CFO76

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello
I have a 1979 CB750K, I bought this bike 1 year ago, it was stored for 5 years, I change all the external gasket and I repaired the carburetors. I turn on the bike but the timing chain was making a lot of noise, I tried to tension it, but it didn't work. Finally I realized that I had an oil leak in the block, where the chain goes and I discovered that it was somehow rubbing against the sides and wearing out the aluminum, they had even tried to repair it with some type of epoxy glue.
I disassembled the engine and the chain is in very bad condition as is the block, luckily I found a used one in very good condition.

Where can i find the timing chain (both) and the tensioners?

Thanks!

Cristian

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 10.38.31_25628d40.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 10.39.41_3b6b37c0.jpg

i have only seen that happen on a 500t many years ago, apart from that i don't know where you will get the parts.

I found all the pieces between Vintage CB750 and Ebay.

I have another question, do I need to change the Primary chain? I don't know how to check the status of the chain, looks fine and there isn't much play between the links. I don't the mileage of the bike.

Thanks!

Attachments

• primary shaft.jpg
    primary shaft.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 12
  • primary shaft 2.jpg
    primary shaft 2.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 11
Back