• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Winterizing; what type of stabilizer?

bagoony

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Glad to have found this forum and happy to be apart of the cult.

I have a '82 CB750 F.

I don't know as much as a mechanic does, but I know enough to name the parts of my bike and some of its functions (just a brief on my knowledge)

Anyways! Winter is coming... and this is my 2nd winter with my CB. I was told by a previous CB owner that there is a BLUE stabilizer and that is the one you want to use instead of the RED (to keep the tank from rusting and the gasoline from decaying). Apparently CB's are known to get their carbs dirty faster? I have no idea...Anyone have an idea of what he's talking about?

Also any other tips on winterizing? Another bike head was telling me to drain the carbs and the oil so it doesn't just sit there? Someone guide me prease! I didn't winterize my bike properly and this summer spent $500 cleaning my carbs...thanks in advance!

I keep My fuel tank in doors after drying it out I also keep the battery indoors during the winter, I drain the carbs, I do not mess with the oil if I changed it lately wash the bike and spray it completely with Honda roadside detailer and leave it on and clean it off in the spring, You can fog the cylinders but I never do for a single season, Just My method it worked for Me over the years.

I keep My fuel tank in doors after drying it out I also keep the battery indoors during the winter, I drain the carbs, I do not mess with the oil if I changed it lately wash the bike and spray it completely with Honda roadside detailer and leave it on and clean it off in the spring, You can fog the cylinders but I never do for a single season, Just My method it worked for Me over the years.

Thanks for the tips. Will learn to drain carbs on youtube!:thumbsup:

If you can avoid winterizing I would do so - if you live in an area of the country that gets 4 months of ice and snow you are stuck of course - but otherwise, your better off starting and running it once every 2 weeks if you can.

One trick is to keep a small light bulb (like a night light bulb) turned on 24x7 and in the middle of the engine, you can lay it on top of the cylinders then cover the bike - the heat from the bulb is enough to raise the temp of the block and that's all that is needed to prevent condensation and rust. The same trick works in toolboxes.

Back