• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Starter motor for 96 reg cb750fn2

BIKERDAD

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all .I just been reminded about problems I have had with my starter motor it sticks If I don't start the bike say twice a week when I go to start it when push the start button it will turn over even start the bike but the starter still turns so iv had to grab 10mm spanner and undo the wire to the starter to stop the motor turning I even used to have a small hammer ready to see if hitting it unstuck it which it did quite a few times so now I have to keep starting the bike regularly to stop it sticking .
The bike is in a garage which gets very cold .I do wrap the bike up yeas I do I got loads of old blankets an i wrap it up .. my baby lol
What do you all reckon I can do to sort the matter . As buying a new one it's nuts .last time I looked it was like £600 .

The low voltage on the bike is likely welding the contact points on the solenoid. That's why the starter continues to run. That's why it happens when the bike sits for weeks. Put the battery on a tender.

Hi sorry for sounding a dick .but what do you mean I don't know what a tender is ??? Can you explain thanks....

A battery tender. It keeps the battery charged over long periods of time. You connect it to the battery posts, plug the other part in the wall, then walk away. Very common thing to do when you can't ride the bike for long periods.
And in case you didn't know, it is probably true with your bike, that it doesn't charge the battery at idle. You need to ride it at higher RPMs for the generator to charge the battery.

OK got that . I got a good battery on it its a motobat battery. An the trickil charge to keep it topped up . As the battery I had on it would not let me have say 5 or 6 trys at starting it but the motobat one goes on till its fires up . . When it's ticking over I don't rev the engine as I was told it damage it not sure if that's true but I not chancing it . There is a long lane at the back of my house I ride it up and down there to warm it up if its dry the day I start it . Cheers

Back