• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Starter Clicking

What the hell were you trying to accomplish in the first place?
I was trying to get some guidance from people who know what they are talking about. I obviously do not have a strong enough grasp on the entirety of the bike to be going back and forth trying to troubleshoot. So I will leave the thread here and not bother you or others with trying to diagnose this issue. Thank you all for the help.

I thought you were trying to get the bike to run. After a bunch of back and forth you tell us there is no start button. Then a bunch more back and forth before you mention there is no ignition switch. I'm completely lost now. What the hell was this all for?

I thought you were trying to get the bike to run. After a bunch of back and forth you tell us there is no start button. Then a bunch more back and forth before you mention there is no ignition switch. I'm completely lost now. What the hell was this all for?
I was trying to get the starter motor spinning using a remote switch. That was the goal of this thread, getting the starter motor spinning to do a compression test. I'd appreciate it if you just understood that my inexperience with this all has lead you to think this has all been for nothing. Like I said, I am learning and do not know the full scope of what is require to do what I am trying to do. That is all.

Is your goal with the bike to keep it or sell it? If you're selling it, I see why you just want to check compression. If you're keeping it, you need to set up the electrical correctly and stop trying to bypass or eliminate things. I understand you don't have a lot of knowledge in all of this, that's ok. But you can't pick and choose what you want to bypass and selectively wire up when you don't have the knowledge to do it. You may very well get there someday, but that day isn't today. You could very well make things worse by melting another circuit, destroying a battery, etc. So, what is it you want to do with this bike?

Is your goal with the bike to keep it or sell it? If you're selling it, I see why you just want to check compression. If you're keeping it, you need to set up the electrical correctly and stop trying to bypass or eliminate things. I understand you don't have a lot of knowledge in all of this, that's ok. But you can't pick and choose what you want to bypass and selectively wire up when you don't have the knowledge to do it. You may very well get there someday, but that day isn't today. You could very well make things worse by melting another circuit, destroying a battery, etc. So, what is it you want to do with this bike?
I appreciate your response and fully understand I could make things worse but not following the proper precautions. This was bought as a no title parts bike that seemed to be in decent enough shape for me to want to keep it and bring it back to life. I’m not trying to rush into getting it working, so I’m going to take a bit to just understand what’s going on and the correct way to do everything before I get my hands back on it. The end goal is to get it working and keep it. There is a new wiring harness and ignition switch in the mail, while I wait for that I’ll do my diligence to understand it all.

Start watching YouTube guys like brick house builds, classic octane (seems to have taken time away from his channel), and there are a couple others. But search for your bike and similar issues within those channels, of course. To be honest, you're willingness to dig in being new to this stuff is great. But you do need to understand some things first, which appears to be your new route. Enjoy!

Start watching YouTube guys like brick house builds, classic octane (seems to have taken time away from his channel), and there are a couple others. But search for your bike and similar issues within those channels, of course. To be honest, you're willingness to dig in being new to this stuff is great. But you do need to understand some things first, which appears to be your new route. Enjoy!
I know I can get it done, just need to take my time and do it right! Thank you for the channel recommendations!

i know it's not funny and i have had many niggly problems with mine and jumped in looking for answers before studying things myself, but these last few posts and how i have read them have cracked me up. " my mate knocked it off and broke it" love it i have mates like that!!:banghead: anyway good luck with sorting it .... i'm out but never been in:shrug:

i know it's not funny and i have had many niggly problems with mine and jumped in looking for answers before studying things myself, but these last few posts and how i have read them have cracked me up. " my mate knocked it off and broke it" love it i have mates like that!!:banghead: anyway good luck with sorting it .... i'm out but never been in:shrug:
I’m glad you could get a chuckle lol. Good luck with your stuff!

Back