• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Something new happened to my CB750.

Cavman11

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I left for trip from south of Dayton Oh to Birmingham AL. It was pouring down raining when I left, and it continued to rain until I stopped for the night east of Chatanooga, TN. It did stop long enough for me to set up my tent but started pouring down again. The next morning it was misty and foggy but not raining. I rode to griffin, GA and stopped at a parking lot to take off my rain gear. The old 750 cranked but would not start. A friend lived nearby, and we took the bike to a mechanic I knew. I had to find other transportation to Birmingham. When I got back to Griffin the mech had it running. It seems with all that rain the kill switch shorted out. Once it was dry everything was okay. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I am debating disconnecting the kill switch.

Had it happen on my wife's Harley one time, but never on any of my Hondas. There's a story involving a Tennessee State Trooper, drag pipes and 16" ape hangers that goes along with this, but that's for a different forum.

Back