• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Safe easy ways to lower ride?

Kielg

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I'm 6 ft even but I guess it's all in my torso because I can't sit flat footed on my mostly stock '72. I need less than an inch I'd say. Anyone know of any seats that have a lower contour that can fit without any heavy modification?

Lowered ride

I am the same height and lowered the bike using shorty shocks (2" shorter) from CycleX and dropped the front forks in the trees by 1". I can sit flat footed with my knees slightly bent and I think the bike looks great with this stance.

Attachments

• Nearly done.jpg
    Nearly done.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 111
I am the same height and lowered the bike using shorty shocks (2" shorter) from CycleX and dropped the front forks in the trees by 1". I can sit flat footed with my knees slightly bent and I think the bike looks great with this stance.

Thats really sharp. There's no denying these bikes get meaner looking when they are dropped. Any major notable differences in handling or performance?

The rear springs are a little stiffer so I set them on the lowest pre-load setting. The front forks dive a little much but I haven't changed the fork oil yet so that has nothing to do with lowering. I am betting that aggressive left turns may drag the center stand spud but that will eventually get removed. You could also remove the seat cover and shave the foam down (an electric carving knife, don't tell the wife, works well). I shortened my seat pan so I had the shorten the foam and at the same time shaved about an inch off the top.

The rear springs are a little stiffer so I set them on the lowest pre-load setting. The front forks dive a little much but I haven't changed the fork oil yet so that has nothing to do with lowering. I am betting that aggressive left turns may drag the center stand spud but that will eventually get removed. You could also remove the seat cover and shave the foam down (an electric carving knife, don't tell the wife, works well). I shortened my seat pan so I had the shorten the foam and at the same time shaved about an inch off the top.

Cool, thanks for the advice man

Lowered ride

would you able able to post the website to cycle x please ?

Back