• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Push Button Switches Experience

brettp

CB750 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, everybody. I've seen push button switches (2 front, or 2 front 1 rear) on a couple sites. Amazon also sells a cheaper version. I'm thinking about snagging a couple to replace my control switches that look pretty beat up. Does anybody have experience with these switches? Durability, weather resistance, etc. Thanks.

Hey, everybody. I've seen push button switches (2 front, or 2 front 1 rear) on a couple sites. Amazon also sells a cheaper version. I'm thinking about snagging a couple to replace my control switches that look pretty beat up. Does anybody have experience with these switches? Durability, weather resistance, etc. Thanks.
I’ve not installed them myself but I hear good things about the moto gadget ones although they are expensive. I also hear good things about the NWT ones that are half the price of the moto gadget ones.

Hey, loxley, thanks for the reply. I haven't heard of the NWT brand.
It also dawned on me today that the throttle tube needs the switch housing to keep it in place while rotating the throttle. I see some companies make aftermarket throttles with "stays" (not the right term, I'm sure) on them. The only bad part.... I'm not looking forward to removing the carbs from the boots to disconnect the cables so I can replace the throttle tube and switches.

Website is here if you are in the US: https://nwtamerica.com/

I think they are a relatively small company and I’ve spoken to them a fair bit on IG as I’m looking to get the X21 and various parts for my build.

Thanks!
I found out the part I need is the throttle 'housing'. A lot of options out there so I don't have to worry about making my own.
What's your project?

Thanks!
I found out the part I need is the throttle 'housing'. A lot of options out there so I don't have to worry about making my own.
What's your project?
1979 Honda CB 750 - conversion to a cafe racer. It was fully seized, came in 4 or 5 boxes of parts. I’m working on the valves having rebuilt the engine. Looking forward to the frame next.

1979 Honda CB 750 - conversion to a cafe racer. It was fully seized, came in 4 or 5 boxes of parts. I’m working on the valves having rebuilt the engine. Looking forward to the frame next.
That's a lot of work! Are you putting in an m-unit, removing the battery box, pods?

If I could afford an m-unit I would. Probably going to use the NWT product. Definitely removing battery box and putting pods on.
Gotta let us know how that goes. I've heard nothing but frustration about jetting and tuning these carbs when pods are put on them. Curious to hear your progress and results!

Can you teach me something? When you remove the battery box, is the solution to use a small lithium battery to provide the power?

I installed a M-unit blue together with Motone switches. Pain in the ass to install, but a must for really clean looking handlebars. Regarding the battery, Lithium is the way to go if you want to hide it, but for that you also have to replace the regulator/rectifier. This is a picture of my battery setup:
IMG_20230427_185853.jpg

I installed a M-unit blue together with Motone switches. Pain in the ass to install, but a must for really clean looking handlebars. Regarding the battery, Lithium is the way to go if you want to hide it, but for that you also have to replace the regulator/rectifier. This is a picture of my battery setup:View attachment 14044
sweet set up

Wow, that is really clean! I bought a couple push button switches for the bars and I'm waiting on a throttle housing to come in. Those bulky switches are cool for the retro look but I want sleek.
I've seen lithium battery reviews on Amazon that complain of the battery not lasting more than a couple years. Is that likely because of the R&R and a poor battery brand, then?

Wow, that is really clean! I bought a couple push button switches for the bars and I'm waiting on a throttle housing to come in. Those bulky switches are cool for the retro look but I want sleek.
I've seen lithium battery reviews on Amazon that complain of the battery not lasting more than a couple years. Is that likely because of the R&R and a poor battery brand, then?
Thanks! Cant really speak on that since Ive only had it for 6 months... But when I read up on it before installing most sites said that a quality lithium will outlast a standard battery easily :)

Back