• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My first CB 750 buy (HELP)

Jeremyg

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I have just recently become obessed about the cb750, a late 70s one to be exact!!:yikes: I am Looking to buy one but I dont know what to look for. I am on a tight budget. Can I get a good running bike for 1500 or 2 grand?
If anyone has any tips or helpful exp. in buying there first cb please fill me in.
If i need to spend more I can save more:wink2:

It will be my daily driver. I live in Corona California so good weather most of the time..

btw is criagslist the best spot to find bikes?

Corona! I grew up there.

With bikes, the better it looks the better it's been taken care of, usually.

But if someones letting go of one of these Hondas it's usually because it's been sitting and no one rides it anymore.

Having lived there, I know, you'll be white lining it on the 99. I strongly recommend an early model SOHC over the late model DOHC because they are more agile if you have your heart set on a CB750. Besides that they are more reliable. Honestly, you'd be better off on a Shadow for daily commuting in those conditions though.

I actually ended up with a 1979 cb750k limited. Its bone stock. I cant wait to get this thing happening a solo seat clip ons spoke wheels. Etc. I presently feel like I am driving the most comfortable couch i have ever sat on around on wheels. LOL

Back