• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Jay Eshbach of APE passes away

dirtdigger

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Just learned that Jay at APE just passed. He was big into drag racing and more importantly for us started out and continued to support work on the sohc cb750. I have bought many parts and machine work from APE and had some interesting text messages with Jay over the years about the 750 motor. He knew his stuff when it came to bike engines and his loss will affect the sohc community. RIP Jay

This was posted on dragbike.com

Jay Eshbach, 1944-2024
We at Dragbike.com are deeply saddened by the recent news of the sudden passing of Jay Eshbach, the President and founder of APE (American Performance Engineering). Jay's journey began in 1974, operating the business out of his garage in Torrance, California. From these modest origins, Jay propelled APE to remarkable success, emerging as one of the most ardent champions of motorcycle drag racing the sport has ever known.

Jay was a great friend. My wife and I were great friends with Jay and Dianne, we went to the same church and spent lots of time with them and their family. You couldn't ask for two nicer, kind, loving people. Jay was an amazing guy who was such a leader in his industry and had world wide influence. Our prayers are with Dianne and the family.

Back