• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

HELP! CB750 won't start.

Beebtattoos

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I just got my 750 Tuesday got it started up and rode it that day and the next day I rode it to work. While I was riding the motorcycle died on me luckily it was in front of my work. myself and a buddy thought it might've been an electrical issue because when I tried starting it again it didn't sound like it was getting enough juice. I had to get back to work and couldn't troubleshoot any further I just know that when I left it all the electrical (lights, signals, starter, etc.) were working. I went back to work but my co-worker thought he would be nice and change my battery for me while I was working. Figured it was a simple task and he could do it but, God Bless his simple minded soul but he put the battery in backwards and tried starting it and since that moment nothing has worked since. No lights, signals, starter, and the neutral indicator. I put the old battery back in and same thing...nothing. I figured he fried a fuse or wire and that's what I'm currently stuck on since this bike was customized and the electrical is definitely not original. Here is my current main fuse (which indeed has been busted) and what I'm guessing is my starter solenoid. Do any of you know how I can go about fixing this part, also I traced the flow of power to my regulate/rectifier. Am I on the right track to getting this baby back up and running?

Attachments

• 20150424_133342.jpg
    20150424_133342.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 20150424_133431.jpg
    20150424_133431.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 20150424_133525.jpg
    20150424_133525.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 111
I would just replace the blown buss with a fuse holder either for glass or spade type fuses available at most auto parts buy two ring terminals to fit the philips screws make sure You solder them after crimping them. I just heat the terminals with a torch and feed solder down the wire opening, Make sure the holder has around 12or14GA. leads on the ends. By the looks of the homemade buss I would use a 20amp fuse in the new holder.

If You have a local Honda dealer close they should have that type buss fuse, I just remembered My 95 goldwing had the same setup. Take the old one with You for correct size. You might have a bad battery or the charging system is not putting out, There are many articles on this site covering that.

Thank you. I ordered a regulate/rectifier and a new starter solenoid with the spade fuses. Going to switch those out and see if that works.

Back