• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Digital Speedometer Speed Sensor Conversion

1706912540118.jpeg

Or mount one of these on the front wheel. Take off the cable driven adapter from the wheel and mount this in it's place. Lots of options.

You can’t fix Stupid - end of story.
I think if whitleyjacob went back to the beginning and read everything over again, he might realize I was trying to help him from the start. Only thing I was getting wrong was I kept calling a speedo a tach for some reason. It must be my old age catching up to me.

Thanks guys! Going to buy the one Loose Chain suggested. Should be easy to hook that one up. I didn't intend to upset anyone, I was only looking for advice, and I admit my original post may have been poorly conceived in hindsight. I'm just excited to keep pushing forward with my project bike.

The one that I showed you was just a sample. Check the dimensions to make sure which one will work for your application. And like I said, you could always use the one you already have.

That one that replaces the OEM gear drive looks like a good solution if it is Honda specific. I know that the OEM gear drive on the DOHC's was used unchanged for many years on many models. That gear drive was cast with a cog to position it long after the fork lowers were not cast with holders to accept the cog. Then it became, position it yourself and tighten the axle instead.

Last edited:
The one that I showed you was just a sample. Check the dimensions to make sure which one will work for your application. And like I said, you could always use the one you already have
With this type of sensor, I assume I can remove the front wheel, remove the original speedometer gear assembly, and replace it with this new sensor? Please let me know if it's more involved than that haha. I will make sure the dimensions are correct too. Thanks 👍

Yep, in essence that gear drive is also a "wheel spacer". Looks to be just that easy.

Edit There will be one thin metal part that is used to engage the drive. If they don't align correctly you can do damage and have a goofy wheel fitting. Not hard to notice and do right.

Yep, in essence that gear drive is also a "wheel spacer". Looks to be just that easy.

Edit There will be one thin metal part that is used to engage the drive. If they don't align correctly you can do damage and have a goofy wheel fitting. Not hard to notice and do right.
Sweet, sounds like a plan to me. I'll give it a shot, thanks guys.

With this type of sensor, I assume I can remove the front wheel, remove the original speedometer gear assembly, and replace it with this new sensor? Please let me know if it's more involved than that haha. I will make sure the dimensions are correct too. Thanks 👍
Pull the wheel off now so you have a clear understanding of how it all works. Then if you need to do any measuring to compare it to the type you want to buy then you have it right in front of you. But like I said, you could make the one you have work also.

Pull the wheel off now so you have a clear understanding of how it all works. Then if you need to do any measuring to compare it to the type you want to buy then you have it right in front of you. But like I said, you could make the one you have work also.
Okay will do it tomorrow and measure. Appreciate it.

Back