• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB750A and noob saying hi - looking for reasonable insurance

PlanetDude

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

New to the bike world and found my first keeper, a CB750A. I had a GL500 Silverwing that I bought and sold, but when I got this one I knew it was staying with me.

Haven`t had to do much to it yet, but it`s going in for a safety inspection sooner than later I hope. bike1.jpg

Apologies for the crummy picture, I will get a better one when I get it back out in the spring.

Here is my question. Anyone in Ontario, Canada who can offer some insight on afforable insurance? The rates are somewhat scary to me, I understand I`m a new rider but some of what I`m hearing is brutal for a bike that`s approaching 40 years old.

Love the forum, been lurking for a while gathering info but figured it was a good time to pop my head up and say hi.

Cheers,
Ryan

Greetings Ryan, and welcome.

I don't have any advice to share... No insurance requirement here in Florida.

'78 CB750A here.

Cheers.

Wish I could say the same, looking at $1834 for the first year here - that`s a fair chunk of change just for the coverage to ride - never mind gear and upkeep and gas, etc.

I found a 84 V30 Magna for sale that is way cheaper to insure, but I really would prefer to hang onto my CB.... :)

If anyone has any advice, throw it my way!

Thanks,
Ryan

You just gotta shop around. I use a local insurance agent and I pay $350 a year for a cb750 and a cbr954. You just gotta check out different agents.

Tried that - called as many agents and companies as I could find - only certain companies will cover older bikes in Ontario - and being that I`m a new rider it limits me again.

I heard the same figure (to the penny) from at least 6 broker/agents all representing the same company.

I talked it over with the Mrs. and she felt it was a good call to hang onto the CB and just pay the rough 1st year. hard to argue with her logic :)

Cant go by looks you have to go by the Vin on the frame. Beings your Vin starts with the 70 then it would be a 76, the 77 starts with 71

Went out to the bike and had a look. Vin plate says 1976 model and a build date of 04/76.

Guess it's a 76 eh? Now I wonder why the title says 77.

Persistence pays off - State Farm quoted me a rate I can live with AND afford (hopefully) for covering my CB750.

$1546.00 annually which works out to 128.89/mth.

I still envy all you US guys who can cover your bikes for $300/yr but not much I can do. Canadian insurance hurts. :)

Back