• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB 750 1982

fboivin

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a CB 750 1982 and now it wont start, in need of advice on this matter.

First thing in the morning.
Bike turned on right away when i took it out of the garage.
Stopped the bike and went for morning coffee

Came back 10 to 20 minutes after and tried to start the bike
No noise no nothing

showing synonyms:

Headlights and all lights on bike won't turn on
Battery is on auto charger showing 75 to 99 %
Bike's in neutral
Key is in ON position

What i tried:
Played with wire ''power'' current just out of battery
to see if headlight will cum on : Nop nothing

Feel around touching and pushing in same area (control wires or power not sour) t'il suddenly the headlight came on and now I could start the bike.
I stopped it again and now it wont start anymore.
And tossing the wires also wont work anymore??

What's your advice on this one?

Je viens d'acheter un Honda CB 750 1982 et maintenant elle ne démarre plus, j'ai besoin de conseils à ce sujet.

Première chose le matin.
La moto a démaré dès que je l'ai sorti du garage.
J'ai arrêté la moto et je suis allé prendre un café

Je suis revenu 10 à 20 minutes après et j'ai essayé de démarrer a nouveau
Pas de bruit rien

Les synonymes :

Les phares et toutes les lumières ne s'allument pas
La batterie est sur le chargeur automatique elle indique 75 à 99 %
La moto est au neutre
La clé est en position ON

Ce que j'ai essayé :
Joué avec le fil '' power '' courant juste a la sortie de la batterie
pour voir si le phare va allumer : Non rien

J'ai joué avec les fils autour et pousser dans la même zone (fils de control et alimentation) jusqu'à ce que le phare s'allume soudainement et que je puisse maintenant démarrer la moto
Je l'ai encore arrêté et maintenant elle ne démarre plus.
Et jouer avec les fils ne fonctionne plus non plus ?

Quel est votre conseil?

The starter relay only affects the starter. If the bike isn't getting power to the headlight you have to work from the battery to the ignition switch, and ignition switch itself. If your healthy doesn't come on then the battery isn't feeding the bike at all.
What wires did you need with earlier?

The positive and negative power cables
And
The smaller one that feeds info to the tale lite when using brakes.
But this is probably not it... no way this is the cause :)

That why i thought that i shook something that was already a bit broken like ''the relay''.

The relay : Could it be checked by inverting like i have seen on certain kind of machinery in Refrigeration?

The starter relay only affects the starter. If the bike isn't getting power to the headlight you have to work from the battery to the ignition switch, and ignition switch itself. If your healthy doesn't come on then the battery isn't feeding the bike at all.
What wires did you need with earlier?
And

That why i thought that i shook something that was already a bit broken like ''the relay''.

The relay : Could it be checked by inverting like i have seen on certain kind of machinery in Refrigeration?

And

I don't know about that. But if you put a screwdriver across the terminals of the starter relay and the bike tries to start, it is the relay (or its connections). First things first, make sure your battery terminals are tight. Then make sure the positive lead going to the relay is good. Then make sure the battery negative is grounded well (a bad ground will stop everything from working).

I don't know about that. But if you put a screwdriver across the terminals of the starter relay and the bike tries to start, it is the relay (or its connections). First things first, make sure your battery terminals are tight. Then make sure the positive lead going to the relay is good. Then make sure the battery negative is grounded well (a bad ground will stop everything from working).
Cool...! Will try first in the morning and come back to you

First, 11V is not a full battery.
Did you check your battery ground? If the battery ground is poor the solenoid's signal line (start button circuit) will not be able to complete a circuit, and therefore won't be able to make the solenoid work.

First, 11V is not a full battery.
Did you check your battery ground? If the battery ground is poor the solenoid's signal line (start button circuit) will not be able to complete a circuit, and therefore won't be able to make the solenoid work.
Indeed I checked the mane ground at the battery neg. pole everything is tight

Back