• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carbs

Walter

CB750 Member
Reaction score
1979 750K rebuilt carbs all the way. It has a 4 into 1 muffler. Should the pilot screws be set at different turns or should the full throttle needle on top be set ay different heights?
Righh now runs good at road speed. Will keep a high reb at right light. Habe to turn off and restart and get back to regular rebs. Walter

Pilot screws should all be the same turns and the needles should all be set the same. Synchronization is done by adjusting the positions of the butterflies relative to each other.

Hanging RPM usually means you're running lean. Most common cause on these old bikes is vacuum leaks, but if you haven't synchronized the carbs or the pilot adjustment is out of whack that could cause it too.

Thanks, I will make some all are the turns. I have came to red lights and the rpm’s are up. While handing the front brake release the clutch about half way and the rpm’s will adjust to ideal. I have no idea way. Would you, Walter

Back