• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Brat seat and rear suspension

csherwood

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of making a brat seat for my motorcycle. Can i just chop the rear of the frame like this guy and not compromise the the strength of the rear shock mounts? If anyone has done a similar project I would really appreciate some help on the matter. This is my first build and i don't want to make any big mistakes that i will later regret. Thank you. Oh and if anyone knows where i can find the same rear fender as seen in the photo, i would love to know where i could buy one. IMG_8420.jpg

one thing bout honda frames and all jap frames of the era is that they are overbuilt. a lot of bracing that is not really needed or needed as much as is there. i would not worry cutting that rear piece off,it is mainly a fender mount more than anything.the most flex back there is going to be thru the swingarm bushings and bearings. with the rear wheel off the ground,,see if how much side to side movement is in the swingarm,should be little if any.

on the rear fender from what little i see appears maybe to be a front one flipped and worked in there. it probably has a mount at the bottom on the swingarm.

Back