Another new guy!

Gearhead 63

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello! Just purchased my first CB750 a few days ago --- a 1973 CB-750 K3. I've always liked the CB-750 (ever since they first came out in late '68), just never broke down and bought one until now!

Looking forward to learning new things about the bike and talking with the members here. :)

1973 CB-750 K3 - 5.jpg1973 CB-750 K3 - 1.jpg

Nice clean 73 You have there, I loved the 69,s but was out of My budget back then $1,295 was a lot of $$$$,s Had to settle for a CB350.

Nice clean 73 You have there, I loved the 69,s but was out of My budget back then $1,295 was a lot of $$$$,s Had to settle for a CB350.

Yeah... I was 5 years old when the '69 CB750 came out --- so it was too expensive for my budget, too! But I wanted one --- even when I was a little kid. :)

I'm going to do some mild modifications to this 750, but I'll keep and store all the original parts I remove so I can return it to stock later on down the road.

Good thought, I do not think there are many original clean 73,s out there with the stock exhaust. It was 1970 when the dealer I bought from had two 750,s But like I said walked away with a new CB350 good little bike for half the price and would still hit 95 MPH.

I definitely remember those old vertical twin Hondas. Went for MANY rides on the back of my dad's '72 CB350K and my brother's '71 CB175K when I was a little kid.

Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of info. from people who have helped a lot of us who have problems. I for one learned a lot about my '79 CB750K that was sitting unprotected outside for 13 years. With great advise from the forum, I'm on the road.

Beautiful bike. I am also new to the forum and to bikes. Hoping to get my bike license soon and start riding.

Thanks guys! I've been pretty busy figuring out exactly what mods/parts I want for the CB750. Have almost $2000 of parts coming for it now --- probably close to everything I'm going to want?? :)

What parts are you getting?

LOTS of parts!! :) I'm not really interested in turning it into a "Bobber" or "Café Racer" per say..... more like a lean and mean muscle bike. No mods to the basic bike that can't be easily returned to stock (with ALL the original parts saved and tucked away).

The basic list of parts to get the bike where I think I want it ---

Dyna Electronic Ignition
Dyna Coils
Dyna Ignition Wires
New Clutch Components (friction plates and heavy-duty clutch springs)
K&N Individual Air Filters
KERKER chrome 4-into-1 megaphone exhaust system (open exhaust --- no baffles)
Progressive Suspension front fork springs (and Bel-Ray fork oil)
New rear shocks (aftermarket --- I forget what brand)
16"x3" drop center rear wheel rim (Harley) laced to stock Honda hub
Dunlop K591 rear tire --- 130/90-16
Lower handlebars (3" rise to replace the original 5-1/2" rise bars)
Smaller Lucas-style rear tail light to replace the GIANT factory rear tail light
Smaller front fender (without stays) to replace the GIANT factory front fender

I think that covers most of it. The rest is really just replacement parts for those that are worn/rusty/ugly. And some parts (that I don't want on the bike) will be removed --- the passenger footpegs, the center stand and probably the turn signals.

Very clean.

A bit of advice, swapping the air box for 4 single air filters causes a lot of problems. You can search this site for the many discussions on it.

Changing the handlebars is going to lower the mirrors too and it's possible you'll only be able to see your arms in them. I recently replaced my 3" with new 5 1/2" rise bars for this very reason.

Very clean.

A bit of advice, swapping the air box for 4 single air filters causes a lot of problems. You can search this site for the many discussions on it.

Changing the handlebars is going to lower the mirrors too and it's possible you'll only be able to see your arms in them. I recently replaced my 3" with new 5 1/2" rise bars for this very reason.

Carburetion issues due to installing K&N individual filters and an open (no baffles) 4-into-1 exhaust system --- no problem. I've done this LOTS of times since 1982 on MANY different 4-cylinder bikes! :)

Mirrors? It's nice to have them --- but not required on a street bike here in Missouri. If I can't just lean my upper body over to one side a bit to see what is behind me (like I've had to do with other bikes) I'll just remove the mirrors.

Hey... this bike isn't going to be ridden much --- and when it is ridden it won't be in "city" traffic. I live on the very outskirts of Kansas City and almost 100% of my riding is on "back roads" with very little traffic. Just have to watch for the animals and farm equipment on the roads!

Last edited:
Back